APAture is Kearny Street Workshop’s annual multidisciplinary arts festival that presents and promotes a range of art by local, emerging artists of Asian and/or Pacific Islander descent.
For seventeen seasons, the festival has sparked dialogue around the most pressing questions and central concerns of our day, particularly those impacting the Asian and/or Pacific Islander communities. APAture has also spurred collaboration between artists and the Bay Area community at large.
This year, in honor of the 20th anniversary of APAture, our theme is DECLARE. DECLARE is an acknowledgement of both the legacies of our past and the legacies we'll establish in the future. We invite you to submit work related to legacies, families (chosen, biological, or beyond), communities, decolonization, representation, futurism, agency, and more. We also welcome work across all themes.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are not an established artist
- Are of Asian and/or Pacific Islander descent*
- Live or work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Are at least 18 years old
- Will be submitting work created in or after 2017
* Those with Asian and/or Pacific Islander ancestry from one or more of the following regions: East Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Pacific Islands, and West Asia/the Middle East. Our definition includes multiethnic and multiracial artists with Asian and/or Pacific Islander heritage. Questions? Visit kearnystreet.org/apature-artist-faq